These Gorgeous Ombré Easter Waffles Are Brunch GOALS!
Hi hunny bunny 🐰Whatcha up to for the holiday weekend? Hope you’ll be relaxing and enjoying time with your loved ones!
This week at the HQ, we whipped up some GORGEOUS ombré waffles (aka pancakes with abs 😌) for your Easter brunch. They were so beautiful we almost didn’t want to cut into them..but of course we did and they tasted just as good as they looked 😍🙌🏻😋
To give them that pretty in pink color, we added fresh pitaya to the batter. Plus, they’re made with our clean, plant-based Tone It Up Protein, so they’re packed with body-loving nutrients! Pop a bottle of bubbly (or kombucha) as you share this stunning recipe with your girlfriends or family…and enjoy this beautiful weekend together!
And remember tomorrow is the final day of your #TIUSmoothieChallenge so make sure to hop on over to Instagram to post your recipe! We can’t wait to see what you created!🍨👯
Love you lots!!
Ombré Easter Waffles
Makes 1 serving
1scoop Tone It Up Protein
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 Tbsp. almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pink pitaya
Coconut oil spray
1. Turn on waffle maker and allow it to heat up.
2. Completely mash the banana with almond milk. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients, except pitaya. You can also add all ingredients to a blender.
3. Cut the pitaya in half and scoop out the flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth. Add 1/2 Tbsp. of the pureed pitaya to your waffle batter for the pink color!
4. Spray waffle maker with coconut oil spray and pour in batter. Cook according to instructions, until done!
5. We made some waffles without the pureed pitaya and stacked them between the pink ones for the ombré effect!
6. Serve with your choice of toppings. We topped these with more scooped pitaya, coconut shavings, and edible flowers. Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup! Enjoy!