Slimming Gluten-Free Coffee Cake with Our Girl Tenley
Meal prep is always more fun with your girlfriends by your side! We invited our gal Tenley Molzahn to the HQ to sip some wine and whip up her fave dessert: coffee cake. You may recognize Tenley from the Bachelor (ya know Karena is a huge Bachelor fan!), and she’s also a dancer and health coach. We first met Tenley about six years ago through a mutual friend and we’ve been pals ever since! She’s so sweet and driven — and such an inspiration!
We immediately bonded over our love of healthy, whole foods. Tenley has a gluten intolerance, and she follows our Gluten-Free Nutrition Plan. We also had lots of dinners and long talks (over white wine, obviously) when she was first launching her brand, Sweet & Free Life. We love when our girlfriends come to us and ask for advice on something that they’re passionate about. If we can help another strong woman achieve her dreams, that’s everything to us. We’ll talk for hours and by midnight you’ll have three domain names bought, trademarks submitted and Instagram and Twitter handles down!!
With all these dinners and chats, we realized that we never cooked together and we needed to fix that! After all, “wanna film a cooking video?” is practically a pickup line for us! ;) One of Tenley’s favorite things to make is coffee cake, so we whipped up a delicious, gluten-free, and totally Tone It Up Nutrition Plan approved recipe! We use vanilla Tone It Up Protein in this one, but you can sub in chocolate, pumpkin spice, or any other flavor to go with the season or whatever you’re feelin’! We also get in a little arm workout with our whisking and lifting all that wine!
Watch the video and get the amazing recipe below!
PS- did you know that coffee cake is called coffee cake because it GOES with coffee! :) We learn somethin’ new everyday!
Watch on YouTube HERE!
Pecan Coffee Cake
For the Cake
1 cup almond flour
¾ cup vanillaTone It Up Protein
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
4 large eggs
½ cup almond milk
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup maple syrup
½ tsp. vanilla
Coconut oil spray
For the Topping
1 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
¼ cup coconut oil
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the topping ingredients and set to the side.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Tone It Up Protein, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a small bowl, use a fork to beat together the eggs and almond milk. Add the egg and almond milk mixture, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
5. Pour batter into a 9-inch round baking dish sprayed with coconut oil spray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then add pre-mixed toppings. Put back into the oven and bake for 15 more minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
What are your favorite Tone It Up Nutrition Plan recipes to make with girlfriends?! Tell us in the comments!