Iron Chef Cat Cora Makes Us Lean, Clean, ‘N GREEN Waffles!
I have two 😺s in the kitchen with me today!!
We’re so honored to have Cat Cora at the HQ with us! She’s the first female Iron Chef and the first woman to be inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame…talk about serious female power! We love how Cat has combined her lifelong passions for cooking and health and wellness (did you know she has a degree in exercise physiology with a minor in nutrition just like my Kat?). Now she has 10 restaurants and specializes in amazing healthy dishes.
She whipped us up her delicious waffles (or as we like to call them…pancakes with abs 😉). The secret ingredient: spinach! You don’t even taste the spinach but it adds antioxidants and fiber! And when we say they’re Lean, Clean, ‘N Green, we mean they’re actually green ;) This recipe is a fave of Cat’s family~ she has six boys so you know it’s TIU kid approved!
Watch the video to get Cat’s advice on healthy family meals, picky eaters, her fave workouts, and how she found her dream career. And try the recipe below! We taste tested it for you and it’s amazing!!
You can also watch on YouTube & Apple TV HERE!
Spinach and Quinoa Waffles with Summer Berries
Makes 4 waffles
1 cup packed fresh organic spinach
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ ripe banana, mashed
¼ cup egg whites
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
¼ cup vanilla Tone It Up Protein
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
Fresh berries, sliced toasted almonds, granola, honey and/or maple syrup for serving
coconut oil cooking spray
1. Grease waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
2. In a blender, combine the spinach, almond milk, banana, egg whites, and coconut oil and blend together until completely smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until completely incorporated.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined and there are no lumps.
5. In the waffle iron, cook the waffles until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from waffle iron and serve immediately drizzled with syrup or honey, and berries, almonds, and/or granola on top. Enjoy!!