3 Easy Meals With Just 5 Ingredients!
5 ingredients. 3 meals. 1 day. YUP! Simplicity is key to a successful healthy week, and working with fewer ingredients in a day makes meal prep a breeze. We love getting creative and seeing all the ways we can make completely different meals by only using a few items. We whipped together three dishes using these powerhouse ingredients:
Zucchini: This veggie is packed with vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
Eggs: They deliver tons of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, satiating protein, and vitamin B.
Leafy greens: Antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber in one super healthy package!
Lean protein: Of course ya know protein helps repair your muscles and boost metabolism!
Marinara sauce: Tomatoes give you lots of lycopene to keep your skin fab!
We love egg white scrambles because they’re super light and fluffy. We added a bit of color and crunch by tossing in zucchini! This also pairs perfectly with a slice of Ezekiel toast and 1/4 avocado. YUM.
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup egg whites
2 cups mixed greens
1. Spray a pan with coconut oil spray and put it over medium heat. Add diced zucchini and sauté for 10 minutes.
2. Add egg whites and saute for 1-2 more minutes, or until the egg whites are cooked.
3. Remove from heat. Add mixed greens to a plate and top with the egg white mixture.
Zucchini Ribbons + Greens
This salad is perfect for a light lunch. Feel free to add in 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or 1/4 avocado, too!
4 cups mixed greens
6 oz. lean protein, cubed
1. Using a potato peeler, peel the zucchini into thin ribbons. Put into a large bowl.
2. Add mixed greens and lean protein and toss to combine. Top with your favorite TIU Nutrition Plan approved dressing. We love 2 tsp. olive oil with a squeeze of lemon!
Zoodles + Marinara
Zucchini noodles give us major pasta vibes. They’re also extremely easy to throw together in a pinch.
1/2 cup TIU approved marinara sauce
6 oz. lean protein
1. Use a spiralizer to make noodles with your zucchini.
2. In a small pan over medium-low heat, heat up your marinara.
3. Pour marinara over zoodles and top with 6 oz. of your favorite lean protein.