3 Easy Meals With Just 5 Ingredients!
5 ingredients. 3 meals. 1 day. YUP! Simplicity is key to a successful healthy week, and working with fewer ingredients in a day makes meal prep a breeze. We love getting creative and seeing all the ways we can make completely different meals by only using a few items. We whipped together three dishes using these powerhouse ingredients:
Zucchini: This veggie is packed with vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
Eggs: They deliver tons of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, satiating protein, and vitamin B.
Leafy greens: Antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber in one super healthy package!
Lean protein: Of course ya know protein helps repair your muscles and boost metabolism!
Marinara sauce: Tomatoes give you lots of lycopene to keep your skin fab!
We love egg white scrambles because they’re super light and fluffy. We added a bit of color and crunch by tossing in zucchini! This also pairs perfectly with a slice of Ezekiel toast and 1/4 avocado. YUM.
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup egg whites
2 cups mixed greens
1. Spray a pan with coconut oil spray and put it over medium heat. Add diced zucchini and sauté for 10 minutes.
2. Add egg whites and saute for 1-2 more minutes, or until the egg whites are cooked.
3. Remove from heat. Add mixed greens to a plate and top with the egg white mixture.
Zucchini Ribbons + Greens
This salad is perfect for a light lunch. Feel free to add in 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or 1/4 avocado, too!
4 cups mixed greens
6 oz. lean protein, cubed
1. Using a potato peeler, peel the zucchini into thin ribbons. Put into a large bowl.
2. Add mixed greens and lean protein and toss to combine. Top with your favorite TIU Nutrition Plan approved dressing. We love 2 tsp. olive oil with a squeeze of lemon!
Zoodles + Marinara
Zucchini noodles give us major pasta vibes. They’re also extremely easy to throw together in a pinch.
1/2 cup TIU approved marinara sauce
6 oz. lean protein
1. Use a spiralizer to make noodles with your zucchini.
2. In a small pan over medium-low heat, heat up your marinara.
3. Pour marinara over zoodles and top with 6 oz. of your favorite lean protein.
Want even more simple recipes like these to help you reach your fitness goals?! Join the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan! It’s packed with thousands of delicious recipes that are easy to prep and taste ahhh-maze.