Your Ultimate 4th of July Guide!!
Next week we’re all celebrating Independence Day! This is such a special time to spend with our loved ones as we count our blessings and show gratitude for our country and the brave men and women who serve it. Land of the free because of the brave 🇺🇸💙
This year, Kat and I put together the perfect 4th of July guide for you and your girls. We have everything from a workout playlist, to cute decor and fashion, and delish festive recipes! And keep a lookout on ToneItUp.com for more holiday tips this weekend and next week too!
What are your plans for the 4th? Tell us in the comments!
Stars, Stripes, & Sculpt!
There’s no better way to kick off the holiday than a fun sweat sesh with your girls! This will boost your metabolism and leave you energized for the fun day ahead! You’ll be feelin’ like a STAR 🌟
Last year, Kat and the girls did a hot yoga sculpt class first thing on the 4th. This year we’ll probably do non-heated yoga ;) Aaaand we may just have the perfect new 4th of July workout comin’ your way next week!
4th of July Workout Playlist! 🎶🎇
Follow us on Spotify HERE!
Red, White, & Blue-Berry Smoothie Bowl!
Makes 1 serving
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop vanilla Tone It Up Protein
1/2 cup frozen cauliflower pieces or whole pieces
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp. ground chia seeds
1) Blend all ingredients until smooth
2) Top with unsweetened coconut flakes, blackberries, and raspberries!
Red, White, & CUTE!
Rock your red, white, & blue! Kat and I always go for cute pops of color in our outfits while keeping things comfy and casual. Here we went with a bright red lip since we wore blue! Pssst…keep a lookout for a fun 4th of July beauty tutorial coming soon!
My dress is from Greigh Goods, a boutique in Manhattan Beach! My necklace was a gift Kat gave me from Planet Blue!
Pool party on the 4th? Grab your new bikini for the holiday at our new Tone It Up boutique HERE! You deserve it and you’re going to look amazing in it!✨
Party In The USA!
Set the stage
Create an area for your friends and family to gather and socialize! You can set up a table and some cute chairs in your backyard or at a park! We love wicker chairs because they’re super summery and easy to move around. You can also find cute festive pillows at Target, Home Goods, and Bed, Bath & Beyond to make the area cozy! Your guests will feel right at home!
It’s all in the details
Grab some fresh flowers, a tablecloth, and silverware to create a festive look. We did blue and gold accents with the silverware and red cocktail napkins to add a fun pop of color! We love delicate and tasteful details, here we sprinkled red cherries on the table and tucked a thistle bulb in the center of the napkin tie ~ so cute!
Light it up
Candles will add such a beautiful touch to your celebration! They help create a relaxing and serene mood✨If your party is outside, grab some glass hurricanes to block the breeze!
Sparkler Worthy Recipes!
Some of our fave red, white, and blue recipes! This spread will WOW your guests!
Pour a bottle of sparkling rosé into a pitcher filled with strawberries, blueberries, and mint! We also used fruit-infused ice cubes for color!
Red, White, & Blueberry Bites
Shredded coconut flakes
Strawberries, stems cut off
Coconut or almond yogurt
1. Drizzle honey over marshmallows and roll in shredded coconut, or get them already coated when you buy them!
2. Skewer away babe! For the dip ~ mix yogurt with shredded coconut and a pinch of powdered sugar!
Show Stop Pops
1 cup cubed watermelon
1 cup raspberries
1 cup coconut or almond yogurt
1/4 cup coconut cream
2 Tbsp. agave
2 cups coconut water
1 cup blueberries
1. In a food processor, blend cubed watermelon and raspberries. You can add a splash of coconut water if needed.
2. Pour into molds and fill 1/3 of the popsicle. Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Blend yogurt, coconut cream, and agave with 1/3 cup coconut water. Pour into popsicle mold another third. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
4. Blend blueberries and 1 cup coconut water and pour to the top of your molds. Freeze for 1 hour! Take popsicles out of the freezer and run the outside under warm water for 10 seconds. Slip out popsicles and serve!!! They’re also delicious in a glass of white wine ;)
Have the best holiday babe ;) Love you!!