Stars, Stripes & Sparklers ~ How To Throw the Ultimate 4th of July Party!
Baby you’re a firework!! 🎇
Next week (and probably this weekend too!) we’re all celebrating Independence Day! That means beachin’, BBQs, and fun in the sun as we all count our blessings and show gratitude for our country and each other. To celebrate, we put together the ultimate guide to throwing a festive 4th of July bash. We’ve got it all covered ~ gorgeous decor, cute outfits, and easy #TIUapproved recipes.
Now you’re ready to grab your girls and rock your red, white, & blue!!
Special thank you to all the fab babes who helped make the shoot so beautiful ~ our longtime friend and event producer Leila from Be Inspired PR, Jesi Haack Design, floral designer Carissa, Cassandra from Borrowed BLU for the gorgeous table tops, and For Your Party cocktail napkins!!
And thank you to our friend Jana Williams for the beautiful photography!
For the decor, we were going for a festive and laid-back yet elegant vibe. Of course we threw our bash at the beach, but you can recreate this look at a park or in your own backyard!
Set the stage
We chose wicker chairs because they’re super summer-y and easy to move around so guests can mingle. We mixed and matched blue and white throw pillows from our homes and picked up a couple at Target, Home Goods, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Throw pillows always give a party a comfy and cozy vibe so guests feel right at home!
You know flower arrangements are kinda my obsession ;) 🌸 We worked with floral designer Carissa and chose lots of white blooms with some blue mixed in to go with our patriotic theme and greens to complement the natural look. This party has lots of alliums (they look like fireworks!), spirea, rice flowers, statice, eucalyptus, olive branches, blue thistle, and beach grasses.
Use your silverware as a way to add more color to your table setting! We chose blue with gold accents for a festive vibe. You can also get creative with your napkin arrangement. We tucked a thistle bulb in the center of the napkin tie for a delicate little detail!
We also sprinkled cherries on the table and placed watermelon slices on each plate for a natural pop of red and some delish touches!
Light it up
Candles always set the mood and add such a beautiful, sophisticated touch. If your event is outside, glass hurricanes are the perfect way to block the breeze and create the cutest look!
Cute custom details
Customize your own cocktail napkins at For Your Party! These custom designed 4th of July paper napkins to give the table a bright red accent.
Karena’s dress is from Greigh Goods, a boutique in Manhattan Beach! Her necklace was a gift (from yours truly ;) from Planet Blue!
A feast fit for the 4th! These are some of our fave festive recipes!
Red, White, & Blueberry Bites
Shredded coconut flakes
Strawberries, stems cut off
Yogurt of your choice
1. Drizzle honey over marshmallows and roll in shredded coconut, or get them already coated when you buy them!
2. Skewer away babe! For the dip ~ mix your favorite yogurt with shredded coconut and a pinch of powdered sugar!
Show Stop Pops
1 cup cubed watermelon
1 cup raspberries
1 cup yogurt of choice
1/4 cup coconut cream
2 Tbsp. agave
2 cups coconut water
1 cup blueberries
1. In a food processor, blend cubed watermelon and raspberries. You can add a splash of coconut water if needed.
2. Pour into molds and fill 1/3 of popsicle. Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Blend yogurt, coconut cream, and agave with 1/3 cup coconut water. Pour into Popsicle mold another third. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
4. Blend blueberries and 1 cup coconut water and pour to the top of your molds. Freeze for 1 hour! Take Popsicles out of freezer and run the outside under warm water for 10 seconds. Slip out Popsicles and serve!!! They’re also delicious in a glass of white wine ;)
Pour a bottle of sparkling rosé into a pitcher filled with strawberries, blueberries and mint! We also used fruit infused ice cubes for color!