Set Up For Summer Tone Up Success
Hey babe! We’re counting down the days ‘til the Summer Tone Up kicks off May 11th!! It’s comin’ up SO SOON!
To make sure you’re prepped for success, we’re sharing our best tips on how to set up your home workout space, pantry, and closet. Since we’re all crushing this series from home, it’s more important than ever to feel confident in your home set-up. When you create space and tools for your workouts and healthy meals, you WILL stick to them! Plus, it feels amazing to get organized and set up some space just for you!
How To Set Up Your Home For Success
Set Up a “Home Gym”
Your home gym doesn’t have to be big ~ the corner of your living room, office, or bedroom works great! Anywhere can be transformed into a space that motivates you! Just find a dedicated area and set it up with a few essentials:
* Your phone: The #1 thing you need to work out with us! With the Tone It Up App, you can join the Summer Tone Up Program and sweat it out every day with the #TIUteam. We’re all going to connect, get strong, and feel amazing together 💪 If you have a TV in your space, that’s great too! You can mirror to your Apple TV to stream workouts on a bigger screen.
* Booty Bands
* Weights: If you don’t have weights at home, no worries! Soup cans or wine bottles work too 🏋️🍾😉 There are also tons of bodyweight only exercises on the app, so if you don’t have a piece of equipment, don’t stress!
* Water Bottle
BONUS TIP: Since a lot of us have limited space to set up a home gym, it can be tricky to find places to store your gear so it’s not causing clutter. Here are a few creative and cute ideas:
* Bins: Rather than just leaving weights and bands on the floor or scattered on a shelf, store them in a cute bin that’s also functional. They can easily slide into a closet, cupboard, or right next to your fave books on the shelf.
* Over-the-Door Hooks: We love this tip because it’s inexpensive and functional. You can hang workout clothing, bands, and towels on over-the-door hooks so they’re quickly available when you need them and hidden when you don’t!
* Ottoman: So many of you are getting your workouts in right in the comfort of your living room, so why not use your ottoman for some equipment storage? If you have an ottoman or trunk that opens up, place weights, bands, yoga mats, towels, and any other home gym basics inside for easy access!
Clean & Stock Your Pantry
What a perfect time for a ‘lil spring cleaning! Go through your pantry and fridge and clear out any old items or foods that don’t serve your goals for the Summer Tone Up. If you have shelf stable food that you don’t need, now is an amazing time to donate to your local food bank.
We’re also doing an online food order to stock on up on:
* Frozen fruits & veggies ~ bananas, berries, leafy greens
* Nut milks and nut butters
* Lean proteins ~ frozen salmon and chicken have been lifesavers during this time at home
* Shelf stable items like nuts, quinoa, and chia seeds ~ we love keeping these in mason jars!
If you can’t find certain items right now, that’s OK. You can always mix and match foods in the meal plan and substitute ingredients to make it work for you.
We also suggest setting up a dedicated shelf for your go-to TIU goodies. When these are visible and easy to grab, they will be top of mind for a healthy snack. Set aside a little area for your:
* Bars & Bites ~ we love keeping TIU bites in a cute glass container
This is also a great time to go through your old tupperware and meal prep containers and toss old ones without lids ~ it feels SO good!
Organize Your Closet
Dive into your closet and check out your workout clothes. Are you holding onto anything you don’t wear anymore? Donate it! (You can donate without leaving your house using apps like ThredUp). Think about what apparel makes you feel the most confident. What inspires you? Put those clothes front and center! Some ideas to organize:
*Create a space in your closet where you can set out your fave yoga pants, tanks, sports bras, sneakers, and socks every night so they are easy to grab in the morning.
* Order some cute wire bins (Target has great, inexpensive ones!) to keep your socks, hats, and other accessories
Grab Your Summer Tone Up Kit
We want you to have everything you need to succeed, so we created two brand new Summer Tone Up Kits with all your must-haves in one place:
- A brand NEW Tone It Up Tote
- Your fave blue yoga mat
- Massage ball for post-workout recovery
- Energy Boost for a pre-workout boost
- Vanilla Protein Powder (14 Servings) to fuel you post-workout
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bites for your afternoon snack
- TIU Socks (seriously the most comfy!)
- A brand NEW Tone It Up Tote
- Shaker Bottle (perfect for mixing your pre-workout!)
- 8-Week Bikini Journal to track your goals
- Energy Boost to energize you for your work outs!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites for your afternoon snack
- FREE Summer Tone Up Meal Plan (We’ll email a digital plan to you immediately! Includes regular, vegan and vegetarian options)
Grab yours today and let’s do this! So excited to kick off this challenge with you babe!