Kitchen Beauty Hacks to Try Tonight!

Tone-it-up-beauty-diy

Today, we’re walking away from the bathroom drawer and into the kitchen for some effective beauty hacks!  We love body scrubs, face creams and shine-promising shampoos, but sometimes a bombshell needs some TLC, fast.

You probably already have these items in your kitchen since they’re Tone It Up Nutrition Plan staples ~ and we’re showing you exactly how to use them to give everything from you face, hair and body a major beauty boost!

Take a look below for our favorite kitchen beauty hacks…

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

Go ahead, buy the bigger bottle! This TIU must-have doubles as an all natural, inexpensive skin toner and hair rinse.

For shiny locks: mix equal parts ACV and water and pour over your hair after shampooing. Massage, rinse well and skip the conditioner! Do this biweekly.

To use as a skin toner: dab a cotton ball in a mixture of 1 part AVC and 2 parts water and use all over your face after cleansing. You’ll be left with smooth, moisturized skin.

DIY-Beauty-Tone-It-Up

COFFEE GROUNDS

Stop before you toss! Used coffee grounds are a totally underused beauty enhancer. Take them in the shower (be sure to fit a strainer on your drain) and use them to exfoliate your entire, sexy body. Exfoliating increases blood flow, sloughs off dead skin and with the added skin-firming caffeine, you’ll be glowing and silky smooth.

COCONUT OIL

This one comes as no surprise, but we couldn’t leave this hard working superfood off the list. We love using it as a make-up remover because it easily removes even the most stubborn mascara. This tropical scented wonder is also heavenly as an all-over moisturizer for both your skin and hair. Add a tiny bit to your ends at night and then wash your locks in the morning for a shiny, healthy mane.

Coconut Oil Tone It Up

TEA

Perk up tired and puffy eyes with this tried and true trick. If you’re getting ready for a night out or in need of some major TLC, this is a fabulous way to unwind. Take two warm (not hot!) black or green tea bags and place them over your eyes for 5-10 minutes. Lay back, relax and get ready for fun!

And while you’re at it, enjoy a cup too! Perfect Fit UNWIND tea is a great way to curb sweet cravings while you power down for the night.

STRAWBERRIES

This sweet summer fruit doubles as a smile booster. Thanks to the malic acid, a natural enamel whitener, you can brush your teeth with crushed strawberries for an instantly brighter smile. For best results, wait about 5 minutes before rinsing.

LEMON

Apply a tiny bit of fresh lemon juice to your skin to help get rid of black heads and reduce the appearance of dark spots caused by scars. You can either wash the lemon off after 10 minutes or leave it on your skin overnight. Do this process at night only, since lemon can increase the likelihood of sunburn.

Lemon-Strawberry-tone-it-up

EGG WHITES

Here’s a super quick pore reducing face mask: mix 1 egg white with 1/2 tsp of honey and a squeeze of lemon. Apply the mixture to your freshly washed face, avoiding the eye area. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes; you’ll feel a slight tightening sensation, which is normal. Once dry, wash the mask off with a warm wash cloth. You’ll be radiating!

Which DIY beauty hack are you going to try tonight!? Let us know in the comments below, and if you have any additional tips, we’d love to hear them too!

1. Katie Horrell says:

I’ve been using coconut oil and ACV for a while now and it really does work great. I started off using them because I was out of my regular lotion/skin toner and didn’t want to go out and buy new ones… It saves me a lot of money now because I don’t have to go out and buy a new product for every little thing.
    I’ll have to try the lemon for scarring. I have acne scars that are pretty stubborn.. I’d love to see if it works :)

2. Lindsey Rae says:

I tried proactive to get rid of my acne issues but it has only made it worse! I started using baking soda as my face wash, ACV for my toner, Lemon juice on my scars and blackheads, and then coconut oil as my moisturizer! HUGE difference in my skin after about 2 1/2 weeks of a consistent regimen.

1. Benny says:

that is amazing!! Check out bardana at your local drug store. It is an amazing herb to fight acne! You can make a tasty bed-time tea with it as well!!
      For other tea recipes check out my blog if u wish!!

3. Elise says:

You girls couldn’t have a better timing!!! My skin is going crazy these last weeks and I think I need to use super natural ingredients…so I will definitely try lemon juice and the ACV tonight and coconut oil too on my hair and I will keep my coffee for the shower LOL thanks again! Stay awesome girls! xoxoxo
    I forgot to try the strawberries but I should do it since my teeth are a bit yellow from previous smoking and red wine…

4. Rebecca Leigh says:

Pumpkin masks are great too!!

thehauteholistic.com

1. jenny says:

how do you make the pumpkin mask and what are the benefits?

1. Rebecca Leigh says:

The pumpkin mask is made from whisking 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1 egg, and 2 tsp of honey. Pumpkin is supposed to be beneficial to the skin because it contains fruit enzymes and Alpha Hydroxy Acids. These increase cell turnover, and help to brighten and smooth the skin. Pumpkin also contains Vitamins A and C to boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging (definitely all about that! haha). Let me know if you try it! :)

5. melissadicostanzo says:

I use coconut oil every night!!!! Love it!

1. I love coconut oil too! I use it for everything, also Aloe vera on the face feels amazing! especially living in SoCal :)

6. Liz Jeannine Allen says:

I used to suffer from major acne!! I started focusing on clean whole foods and use only coconut oil on my face – and voila – my face looks completely different!

7. Selma de Vries says:

Does anybody have antiwrinkle-anti-aging hacks? I feel like my skin is starting to lose a bit of its elasticity and Im worried guys

1. You could add Vitamin E Oil to the Coconut Oil or your usual moisturiser! An avocado mask would be nice and moisturising too ;-)

8. Benny says:

I love using kitchen ingredients in my daily beauty routine! Avocado, lemon, camomille tea are all must haves!!
    Check out my 3M bed-time recipe on the blog today! Mood, Muscles and Magic!! You are going to love it!!!!!!
    XoXo @cyclistblondie (Instagram)

9. Mary says:

Apple Cider Vinegar for the win! ;) The other day a few guys challenged me to take a shot of it (they all tried and gagged). Little did they know I’m a Tone It Up girl, and I can take those shots all day! You should have seen their faces as I downed it, my expression like a stone. LOL! Great post, ladies!
    xoxoxox

10. Lemon with honey with cinnamon is a wonderful mask as well. It is especially good for those who have acne.
    Cinnamon reduces redness.
    Honey moisturizes the perfect amount.
    Lemon cleans and clears.

11. Pomegrantes, oranges and grapefruit work really well. Anything citrus really.
    Also you can add sugar to any of these recipes and make it into a natural exfoliating scrub.