Bring the spa home! Face masks, DIY scrubs, & the best bubble bath
You’ve been seriously getting after the Bikini Series ~ hopping outta bed for your Booty Calls, sculpting your entire bod, and crushing some really tough workouts. Now it’s time to treat yo self!
We’re talking a full on spa day where you pamper your gorgeous self. With the holiday weekend just around the corner, it’s the perfect time for a little R&R. You can get some relaxing “me time” or invite girlfriends to join in on the zen!
Set the mood
Bring those spa vibes home…light your fave candles, put on a soothing Spotify playlist, and pour the 🍷!
Make an edible face mask ~ TIU approved of course ;)
We love whipping up DIY masks like this avocado creation:
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tsp. plain yogurt
1 tsp. honey
1. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
2. Apply to your face and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and a washcloth.
The natural oils in avocado hydrate your face and banish dry, flaky patches. We have more mask recipes HERE too!
The dream cream
Coconut oil is everything! We even devoted a whole post to how much we love it ~ check it out HERE! We use it to make this magical coconut dream moisturizer that softens your skin and smells like tropical paradise!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup coconut oil
A few drops of essential oil (we love vanilla, lavender, or citrus)
1. Use a high-speed mixer to whip up coconut oil with of essential oil. Be sure coconut oil is solid and not soft when you start to beat it.
2. After a few minutes you’ll find the mixture transformed into a luxuriously soft moisturizer. This also makes a great gift for girlfriends. Simply divide the lotion in cute mason jars and gift away :)
Another way to love coffee
We drink it, we bake with it…we scrub it all over our body?! Yup, that too! This coffee scrub will make your skin feel silky soft and MAJOR BONUS ~ it also helps reduce the appearance of cellulite thanks to java’s caffeine and antioxidants.
Here’s what you need:
1 1/2 cups coarsely ground coffee
1/2 cup raw sugar OR sea salt
3 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil, melted
1. Mix salt or sugar and coffee grounds together until fully combined. Add oil and mix until the combination becomes a thick paste. Add more oil as needed to achieve your desired consistency.
2. Apply to your skin after a warm shower or bath, making sure to rub mixture all over legs, booty, and midsection. Use firm, circular motions and if desired, let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. Use a drain mesh to prevent the grounds from causing any plumbing problems!
Rub dub…just relaxin’ in the tub!
What else do you need besides bubbles, some bubbly (or white wine!), and if you’re us…a friend? (Ha!) Epsom salts! Soaking in an epsom salt bath is super relaxing and can also reduce soreness from an intense workout. After yesterday’s live workout with Jillian, we REALLY need this!
Dissolve 2 cups of epsom salts into your bath and soak for at least 15 minutes and you’ll be feelin’ like…
Try my fave essential oils
I’ve been using essential oils for years. Lavender is soothing and perfect for a relaxing spa day. I always dab it on before bed! I also mix rosemary with bath salts for a detoxifying soak in the tub. Read about more of my fave oils HERE!
Hi bright eyes!
We’re obsessed with Dermalogica’s Stress Positive Eye Lift. It brightens, moisturizes, and de-puffs the area around your beautiful eyes. Perfect for pampering!
Sip spa water
Cucumber water completes the spa experience! It’s super simple to make your own!
What you’ll need:
1 lemon (or lime), cut into quarters
1. In a mason jar with a lid, add 12 oz. water, cucumber, and lemon.
2. Let sit for 2 hours in the fridge then serve.
Enjoy your relaxing day! You deserve it!
What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?! Tell us in the comments!