Beauty Tutorial ~ Karena’s Cat Eye!

Karena-Cat-Eye-Beauty-Tutorial-Tone-It-Up

Katrina and I have a lot of fun getting ready for fun nights and special events! Beauty, makeup, hair and skin care is something we both really enjoy learning about and experimenting with… It’s all about creating the perfect sunkissed look! Since so many of you have asked for a make up tutorial, today I’m showing you exactly how to achieve that beach babe glow along with a simple cat eye!

This is our go-to look whether we’re filming, at the office or getting ready for an evening with friends! We’ve learned a lot along the way from experimenting and doing our own hair and makeup for shoots and also working with some of our favorite makeup artists. These tips will help you achieve a natural yet polished look that’s quick and flattering on everyone!

Watch below as I walk you through my favorite make up routine. Get ready for glowing skin and subtle sexy eyes!!

For more summer beauty tips take a look HERE!

BRONZED GLOW

CAT EYE

LIPS

We can’t wait to see your bronzed, glowing skin & sexy cat eye! Share your pics with us on Instagram with the hashtag #KarenasCatEye

Karena-beauty-pool-tone-it-up

1. Christina says:

I rarely wear makeup but enjoyed this. Love that you filmed it in your own house. You ladies are so down to earth. Thank you for sharing this!

2. The Daily Melody says:

I get way too excited when I see a new TIU video in my YouTube feed! I’ve always feared the cat eye but maybe I’ll try it for my sister’s bachelorette this weekend!

3. Holly says:

This video was so cute and fun and laid back! I really enjoyed it :)

4. Christen says:

So totally fun! Thank you for this! I’m really looking forward to your hair tutorial as well, woohoo!

5. kari says:

Love this look! You’re so gorgeous Karena! Thanks for sharing

6. Courtney OKeefe says:

Love it! Bronzey with a cat eye is also my go to look. I use a LOT of Tarte products which I discovered thanks to you guys, but Im totally trying that primer and the tissue trick!

7. lindsay says:

pretty sure you girls are the cutest best friends ever!!

8. Hannah says:

Yall are adorable! I wish all the products weren’t so expensive. :( Looks like I’m headed to Walmart. ;) Thanks for the video!! I CANNOT wait for more!!! I NEED a tutorial for Kat’s makeup look too!! <3

9. samantha says:

you guys are awesome. thank you so much for posting this. so helpful and so much fun! xo

10. Sarah Beth Angle says:

LOVED this!!! I thought I was pretty well versed in makeup, but I learned a few things from Karena! Thanks girl!! xoxo Need to save up for that makeup collection you have!

11. Christine Acevedo says:

Loved this! Karena! You are such a natural beauty! I don’t wear make up and have always wanted to do a cat eye, so I will definitely be using this tutorial to learn. Thanks so much girls!

12. karli_tonesup says:

Yeah!! I loved this tutorial! I have no clue how to do makeup and was looking for a way to get a more natural look. Definitely ordering some of that lip stain (love the color) and going to give the whole look a try this weekend. Excited to try the cat eye! Thanks Karena!!

13. Dalea Faulkner says:

I love this! Can’t wait to see more tutorials!

14. brittany horrell says:

This was the cutest video! And helpful.. I am so bad at doing my own eye makeup. I usually skip it entirely and just throw on mascara. This inspired me to try the cat eye again! How do you live your eye with such a straight line? Mine usually ends up crooked or gappy. Any tips there?

1. Alicia says:

Get a good liner. I use the Kat Von D liquid. The tip is so precise it helps it a lot!…also lots of practice….and pointed Q-tips you can dip in makeup remover to smooth any mess-ups lol.

1. brittany horrell says:

Thanks for the tips!! I look for that liner in stores. :)

2. Ashley says:

Try short strokes with a liquid liner pen (like they suggest – the Stila one in black is amazing). You can overlap the strokes and/or go back and fill in any gaps. It’s important to have a solid line! And the liquid liner pen makes it super easy because the harder you press, the thicker the line. I also love to look up technique on Maskcara and The Beauty Department, as they give photo step by step instructions and tricks. Practice is also good too, like Alicia said!

15. Acushla-Tara Sutton says:

I love the video, nice and simple but so awesomely informative!

16. Joy Chara Tilliridou says:

You guys made my day :)
    I like to use a brush and the small jars for the liquid liner, so I can go really thin or really thick, but I love the KAT eye :)
    And you are both gorgeous! I love you xx

17. DaniMama_TIU says:

Awww! This is the sweetest video! Thank you ladies! As always, such a wonderful job!

18. Chelsea Taylor says:

I loved this!!!! Keep the tutorials coming!

19. Katie Luby says:

Need to know the best ways and products to keep the bikini area smooth and bump free!!

20. Nicole says:

You girls are so gorgeous! Please do some fun hair tutorials (how you get waves/curls and what products you guys use for your hair). =)

21. Marie says:

This was an awesome tutorial. Thanks beauties for putting that together for all of us!! Can’t wait for Kat’s beach wave hair tutorial.

22. Kelly says:

What makeup brushes do you use? I have some of the same products but can’t ever get that same effect!

23. Elisabeth Klassen says:

I loved this tutorial, and thank you so much for having a video showing the make up look and how it was achieved. The cat eye or winged eyeliner is a look that I love and definitely want to learn.

24. Betty says:

Does anyone know how Karena does her hair? For the ends, did she get highlights? It’s really pretty, and I want to experiment with my hair and try to recreate her look :)