Dreamy Cherry Tart!

Today's NEW recipe is inspired by a traditional French dessert, the clafoutis (pronounced klah-foo-tee). Originating from the beautiful Limousin region, this wonderfully simple dish is made by baking cherries with a pancake batter for a rustic, crowd-pleasing dessert that comes together in a snap.

INGREDIENTS

scoops vanilla Perfect Fit Protein

• 1

tsp. lemon zest

• 1/4

cup almond milk

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1: Pour cherries in a bowl. Mix with stevia & lemon juice and allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
STEP 2: When ready, preheat oven to 350° degrees. Add the banana, almond milk, eggs, Perfect Fit Protein and lemon zest to a blender and pulse until smooth. Just as if you were making a pancake!
STEP 3: Spray a pie dish with organic cooking spray. Add marinated cherries and pour the batter on top. Bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with a dollop of Greek, almond or coconut yogurt!

AUTHOR NOTES

Today's NEW recipe is inspired by a traditional French dessert, the clafoutis (pronounced klah-foo-tee). Originating from the beautiful Limousin region, this wonderfully simple dish is made by baking cherries with a pancake batter for a rustic, crowd-pleasing dessert that comes together in a snap.

1. kirty mody says:

Looks lush. How many servings is this recipe?

2. Juna33 says:

Yeyy finally a French recipe! Bon appetit!
    @Kirty, It should be 3-4 servings.
    Usually for the clafoutis I pour a little bit of the batter first, add the cherries (the black cherries give more taste to it) and add the rest of it. This way when it bakes the batter covers just a little bit the cherries on top.
    If you can’t find cherries, a good replacement is apple and rhubarb clafoutis or any other red berries.

3. I LOVE cherries. I always choose the cherry chip lara bar, and have trouble sticking to ONE serving when cherries are in season! This looks devine! Thank you!!

4. Michelle says:

Yum! I’ll be making this today!… Question: What is the portion size?

1. Valerie says:

If you did 3 servings, they would be 213 calories each, which sounds very reasonable. 4 servings is 160 calories.

5. Looks and sounds SUPER healthy but delicious! Would blueberries also work?

6. Cindy Vickers says:

Yummmm!! This looks so good and I would definitely try it for Breakfast!! :)

7. Kaylin says:

This looks a lot like something I need to eat…

8. Caitlin P says:

Do you think it would be good with the cinnamon bun perfect fit? I still have some left and figured I may try it :)

9. Danielle B. says:

I really want to try this but I don’t have the perfect fit protein powder. Do you know if there’s something I can sub it with, or can I leave that out altogether?

1. Trishia says:

I don’t use perfect fit powder. I actually use another brown rice protein powder and that has worked for my recipes.

10. Kl Delagardelle says:

I have an allergy to almonds – What can I use to in place of the almond milk?

Thanks!

11. Shelbi Drew says:

yum! I’m also curious on portion size :)

1. Valerie says:

If you ate it in 3 servings, they would be 213 calories each, which sounds very reasonable. 4 servings is 160 calories.

12. Andrea says:

Mine is in the oven now! I don’t have Perfect Fit but I do use Vega Protien Powder since it has a lot of vitamins, spirulina and probiotics that has been helpful during my pregnancy. I found a pancake recipe on Vega’s site and poured that over the cherries. I’m hoping this turns put! *fingers crossed*

13. Joy says:

Would love to hear if others have actually tried and liked this recipe — wasn’t one of my favorites but I didn’t follow to the tee. I substituted frozen cranberries vs cherries and cranberries are more tart than cherries. I also used coconut sugar and not stevia (conversion on box says 2 tbsp = 1/4 cup sugar) and I used 1/4 cup. Wasn’t sweet enough. Aside from the substitutions, it came out quite a bit soft (just like my perfect fit pancakes on the stove). Was hoping baking created a firmer “bread like” consistency but that wasn’t the case.. Too gooey for me although the outside cooked ok. Don’t think that part of the recipe would change regardless if cherries used or not, so not sure I would make this again… I would not recommend this recipe based on this.

However, I have never heard of clafoutis before and googled some “real” recipes. I think I’ll try one of those, realizing not as healthy — just have to eat in moderation :)

1. Joy says:

P.S. – calorie content for my modifications was 269 per serving (based on 3 servings).

2. I have an issue with a majority of their baked recipes coming out mushy and I’ve tried 3 different stoves :( they never look like the pics either (color or texture. Not presentation of execution). I’ve given up on their baked stuff BUT eat EVERYTHING else in their plan!!!!