Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice

pumpkin-parfait-healthy-tone-it-up

Crisp fall mornings are on the horizon! Along with beautiful leaves and cozy sweaters, the upcoming season calls for a satisfying breakfast with staying power. Not to mention the combination of some of our favorite seasonal ingredients! Pumpkin anyone!?

Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 3.22.03 PM

You can never go wrong with pumpkin & cinnamon, and we wanted to create a unique recipe with a fun twist…. a Pumpkin Spice Parfait!

This recipe is absolute, pumpkin perfection. You’re going to love the naturally sweetened pumpkin mixture paired with banana and creamy yogurt. This is such a satisfying recipe, ideal for breakfast or a morning snack all autumn long.  AND it’s just a taste of what’s to come in your Frisky Fall Edition of the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan coming SOON!!!  Join the team today :) Did you also see we’re doing a member recipe swap?  Send your member recipe to [email protected]

Get ready to satisfy your seasonal cravings, while giving your body a surge needed nutrients including vitamins A & K for glowing skin, potassium and protein for muscle recovery and an increased metabolism. We topped this delicious creation with granola and pumpkin seeds for extra energy power. Pumpkin seeds are a wonderful source of magnesium, zinc and healthy fats ~ all great for immunity, healthy skin and energy!

Pumpkin Spice ♡ Parfait

pumpkin-parfait-recipe

Makes 2 servings ~ share with a girlfriend or save some for later!

Ingredients

• 1 large banana, sliced on a plate
  • Sprinkle of healthy granola + 1 Tbs of pumpkin seeds ~ we made the ‘Great Start Granola’ from your Tone It Up Nutrition Plan

Pumpkin Layer

• 1 cup Pumpkin Purrée
  • 4 pitted dates
  • Splash of almond milk
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 2 shakes of pumpkin spice (or to taste)
  • Chocolate or Vanilla Perfect Fit Protein ~ optional

Yogurt Layer

• 1 cup Greek or Almond yogurt (almond yogurt is dairy-free)
  • 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Spice  (or to taste)
  • 1 Tbs of unsweetened coconut flakes ~optional

tone-it-up-perfect-fit-parfait-healthy

Directions

Start by soaking pitted dates in warm water for a few minutes to soften. Next, add soft dates to a food processor or blender and pulse into a paste. Add a splash of almond milk if needed to help it blend if it’s too thick. (I had to add a splash)  Once smooth, add your pumpkin purée, Perfect Fit (optional) cinnamon and a shake or two of pumpkin spice and blend again. Add another splash of almond milk if needed, especially if you add protein :)

In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, pumpkin spice and coconut flakes (optional) until well incorporated.  Sprinkle your bananas with cinnamon on your plate before dropping into parfait.

To assemble parfait: Layer banana slices, pumpkin spice mixture and yogurt in a mason jar and top with your granola.  Tone It Up© Recipe

ENJOY FRISKY FOXES!!

Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 3.22.03 PM

Behind the scenes of our parfait shoot on instagram @karenakatrina :)

Kat doing what she loves best… capturing beauty ~ while I art direct ♥ You girls will FALL in love… #BehindtheScenesTIU

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 8.05.53 AM

Want to take your Frisky Fall challenge to the next level!?

Join the Tone It Up Nutrition Program today!

Nutrition is essential when it comes to reaching your health & fitness goals and we have designed the perfect program to help you get and stay lean with our Tone It Up Program & membership!  #TIUNutritionPlan

Learn everything you need to completely transform your body, build lean muscle and enjoy the healthy, energetic life you’re meant to be living!

Join-the-Tone-It-Up-Nutrition-Plan-toneitup

Once you join you’ll immediately have access to all the special edition, including the NEW Frisky Fall Edition ~ filled with over 50 pages of 75 delicious recipes! With the Frisky Fall Edition you’re guaranteed to have a toned, healthy and happy autumn season!

All members of the Tone It Up Plan receive special editions like this one for free! You also receive a weekly newsletter from us with exclusive tips, Q&As and featured stories to keep you motivated.  If you’re a member, check your members email or the discussion group in the community!
See a sneak peek of the Frisky Fall Edition HERE!

Fall-Edition-Tone-It-Up-Collage

~ Our beautiful members who have found success with the Tone It Up Nutrition Program!~
tone-it-up-diet-plan-review-nutrition-program

Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 4.04.00 PMScreen Shot 2014-10-14 at 4.03.48 PMScreen Shot 2014-10-14 at 4.03.36 PMScreen Shot 2014-10-14 at 4.03.24 PMScreen Shot 2014-10-14 at 4.03.04 PM

1. Rachel says:

Making this the SECOND I get done with work. Omg!

2. Nicole Ehrlich says:

Any ideas for a replacement those who can’t stomach bananas?

1. JohannaMamou says:

How about just leaving out the banana? Or replace with some other fruit, or extra granola, or add in some nuts? =)

2. Cynthia Zalewsky says:

Some sliced or cubed warmed apple would be a nice addition. Just cut it up, sprinkle some cinnamon on it,microwave it a bit to warm and soften it and add it as you would the banana. I cannot have bananas either and I am doing this when I make it. I think it will be delish!

3. Bereniice says:

Hello everyone! PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!! I’d ike to ask you all something. (Maybe it’s not really intelligent to ask about the nutrition plan on a place where probably the people that liked it were the ones staying in this community and the rest left) But I also hope that you can give me an honest answer!…
    I’ve been watching k&k on YT for a looong time now, and I’ve been considering buying the nutrition plan for a looong time too, but I live in Mexico and I’m not sure if I’d have problems finding the ingredients they use, or following the workout routine, I don’t have time to workout more than an hour a day because of my classes and work schedule, and I workout mon-friday only. I’m living in the US currently, and will be staying for a few months and then going back home, so I thought it will be a good opportunity to get used to the program, the recipes and nutrition plan.
    I’d like your honest opinion please!
    Can anybody tell me if you think I’ll have problem with the ingredients back home? (for example, sadly I cannot always buy the protein powder because the shipping to my home is too expensive, can I use something else? and Are the workouts like insanely heavy and longer than 1 hour routines?
    I really really want to buy the program, but I don’t want to buy something that will be good only when I’m living in the US?

1. Sazi Wald says:

in regards to rice protein I got amazon prime ($80 a year) and get free two day shipping and I buy nutribiotic rice protien it’s $25 for 3lbs and in the nutrition plan you cook with rice protein a lot. Some of the EXTRAS of the nutrition plan like this last one they came out with the ingredients are difficult for me to find (and I live in an organic health oriented town) but easy to substitute. The nutritional plan its self is really easy to follow for a busy schedule! I work, go to school and then counsel in the evening so I prep my meals on sunday for the whole week and freeze what will go bad, I wake up 45 min earlier and do booty call 4-5 days a week and I eat during class and use my lunch break to finish my last 15 to 30 of what I missed in the morning. The workouts in the plan are not harder than the videos but you get more on form and what the workouts do. I was very happy with my purchase a year ago and I went for the plunge as I do not have much and I have no regrets!

1. Bereniice says:

Thank you very much! Helped me made my decision, bought the TIU plan :)
        I will check the rice protein, thanks for the tip!!

4. Ashley Anne Schjoneman says:

K&K! I have some new songs that would be great on the playlist! :)
    Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea- Booty
    Pitbull- Fireball
    Calvin Harris- Blame
    Maroon 5- Animals
    Chris Brown- New Flame
    Rita Ora- I Will Never Let You Down
    Tiesto- Red Lights
    Iggy Azalea- Bounce

:) #FriskyFall

5. Allison Buttarazzi says:

Hoping someone can help me! I can’t find the great start granola in the nutrition plan – is it not in the gluten free plan? I’d love to make this pumpkin parfait and have a great TIU approved homemade granola recipe!

6. Ashley says:

Amazing! I’m all about pumpkin spice and anything pumpkin, so this is perfect! And TJ’s has some incredible pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds to top it with. Got some this weekend and can’t stop popping them.

7. Paige Stiles says:

What’s the calorie count/nutrition facts for this baby?

8. Kateka says:

On the PUMPKIN LAYER it reads “2 shakes of pumpkin spice”. Shakes? I don’t understand what that means.

9. Leanne Mallory says:

Which edition of the plan has the granola in? I can’t find it anywhere!!!

10. Betty says:

I made the parfait for me and my mom on Sunday and we were both swept away by the recipe :)) My mom was a bit mistrusful at first and really curious but we both loved it! :) This will be my autumn favorite! ;)