Summertime Cravings…. Zucchini Bread ♡

cup coconut oil, melted

• 1

tsp. vanilla extract

• 1/2

cup dark chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, except for the zucchini and chocolate chips. Combine both mixtures and incorporate completely. Stir in zucchini then add in chocolate chips. Spray loaf pan with organic cooking spray, and pour in batter.
STEP 2: Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.

AUTHOR NOTES

Is anyone else craving zucchini bread like crazy right now!?  We LOVE making fresh zucchini bread to have around the house, as an on-the-go snack and to bring to summer celebrations.

1. Samantha Wiles says:

what meals would the zucchini bread be approved for?

1. Rosie says:

I was wondering the same thing… And is it okay to eat it while we’re toning or just for the “maintain” part?

2. Rhiannon says:

yay!! I was just searching for a zucchini bread recipe last night (to use up GIANT zucchinis!) but couldn’t find anything with minimal sugar and preferably almond flour (and chocolate). Even did a tone it up recipe search- but now, here it is. This one looks perfect- already have everything! thank you <3

3. Sydney says:

Can you use a different type of flour? Like whole wheat?

1. Jackie Vega says:

The almond flour gives it more protein and makes it better for gluten sensitivities.

2. Straddle Back says:

I substituted whole wheat flour – should be fine

4. Hope says:

Can you sub stevia for the brown sugar? (or for the agave in other recipes?)

5. Angeli L Henkle says:

Love recipe,thanks.My husband planted zucchini in his garden.I bagged/froze 40 processed cups of it,so I’m ready to bake me some yummy bread,

6. oumaima says:

heyy girls
    I love working out in the morning, but i was wondring when i should have breakfast? befrore or after my workout

thank u so much!! btw i looove this recipe

7. Ashley Short says:

I made this last night:( looked nothing like pic and it did not taste good! Did anyone get it to come out?

1. Straddle Back says:

Mine is baking right now but I’m not optimistic.. the consistency was totally off. I ended up adding some canola oil because the mix was too dry. Still looks very weird so we’ll see how it comes out!

8. april flores says:

Tried making this today. The “batter” was so dry I tried adding a 1 cup water, but that barely made a difference. After baking 35 minutes it was just crumbles. Maybe add more egg or some applesauce or something?

9. Adriana Behr says:

chocolate craving! made this today. I agree, the batter didn’t seem right, so I added an extra egg (mine seemed small), and extra 1/4 cup oil and extra 2 T Greek Yogurt. My zucchini was also frozen, so once I thawed it, there was some water in it, which helped. Fresh zucchini may “sweat” when baking though to help with that consistency. Hope this helps!

10. Rebecca Lippert says:

This turned out ok for me, a little dry maybe. But it seems more like a cake than a bread. And calorie-wise, it’s soooo high. 180 per slice, if you get 12 slices out of your loaf. Seems really high in sugar and oil.

11. Stefanie Pennell says:

mine came out perfect, just follow the recipe exactly :) it was delicious

1. Laura says:

Hi Stefanie! I had a hard time with my zucchini bread, even after baking for some reason mine turned out just crumbles too (see pic after baking). And before I put it in the oven the batter wasn’t “battery”, it was very dry. I see you mentioned to follow directions closely, do you have any other suggestions? Did you add anything extra? Thanks! Laura

1. Stefanie Pennell says:

oh no that looks awful? so I made mine again last night with no issues. I don’t have perfect fit protein powder and used the Eas brand. that might make a difference? other then that I didn’t change out any of the ingredients. It should definitely be “battery”. did you mix the wet and dry ingredients separately first, that might make a difference. and you added the zucchini, yogurt, and coconut oil? Cause yours looks really really dry, mine are really soft and moist inside.

1. Laura says:

Hi Stefanie, thanks for your reply. I figured it out! I did not follow directions exactly the first time. I subbed in coconut flour for almond flour and added the chocolate chips in too soon. When I just followed it exactly it came out Fantastic!! Thanks again!