Cinnamon Coffee Mug Cake

• 1

tsp. fresh lemon juice

• 1/2

tsp. lemon zest

• The Crumble
  • 1

oz. walnuts or almonds, chopped

• 1/8

tsp. cinnamon

• 1

tsp. egg whites

• stevia extract (just a sprinkle!)

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1: Mash banana with coffee before stirring in remaining batter ingredients. Pour half of the mixture into a microwavable mug (pre-sprayed). In a separate bowl, combine and toss all crumble ingredients together. Pour half the crumble mixture into your mug, cover with remaining batter, and top off with the last of the crumble. Microwave on high for 60 - 90 seconds. Let mug cake sit in the microwave for an additional minute before removing. Enjoy!
STEP 2: This also works great to make mini muffins. Preheat oven at 350° double the batter & pour into lined muffin pan. Top with crumble. Bake for 15-20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. YUM.

AUTHOR NOTES

This single-serve recipe is sweet, satisfying and comes together in under 5 minutes!

1. Heather says:

Oh my goodness this sounds AMAZING!! Guess I’ll have to change tomorrow’s menu plan lol – we’ll be having these for breakfast!!! Thanks for another amazing recipe ladies!

1. Tone It Up says:

1~3 would be perfect! If you work out in the afternoon, then meal 4 would be good too :)

1. JustMeMegs says:

Thanks!! I’m super excited to try them!

2. Rheana says:

I only have the Perfect Fit Protein in individual packets. What is the “1 scoop” in the recipe equivalent to (tablespoon, ounces, etc.)? Thanks! Looks delicious!

3. samantha says:

could this be made with coconut flour? I assume it would just be a little less flour, but just wondering if you knew! thanks!

4. KayBee says:

What would be the vegan version? Without egg whites?

5. cj789 says:

Is there any way to make this without banana? What else could I use for moisture?

6. Kaitlyn Kemna says:

There are a lot of recipes, this one included, that just say “perfect fit protein”. Does this mean to use vanilla or chocolate? Which is the default flavor? Or does it not matter?

7. Abby Boissonneault says:

I’ve tried to make this twice and it has cone out soggy both times! Suggestions?

8. Jess says:

Hi girls :) is there anything I can use to replace the eggs to make it Vegan friendly? Thank you x

1. MIchelle Kornahrens says:

i have heard that soaked chia seeds can make a vegan egg substitute, or banana is an egg substitue, also applesauce

9. CrystalandJon Milliken says:

Had this as an after workout snack with some Greek yogurt SOO GOOD. Thx for sharing. Saving half for breakfast tomorrow. Def making again xo

10. CrystalandJon Milliken says:

11. Can anyone tell me Why I haven’t made This Recipe…The mug cake part is spot on and delicious, did not add the add ins or the crumble( doing the 7 day Slim Down) Def making this one again XOXO To the Tone It Staff

12. I made these today and they weren’t quite cake like, more on the soggy side.. :(