Green Monster Smoothie!
A Green Delicious Smoothie everyone has to try!!!
By our girl, Jane Lim!
Kale is an amazing vegetable recognized for its exceptional nutrient richness and versatility. Kale is one of the healthiest (and lowest calorie) vegetables and the beautiful leaves of the plant provide a deep, earthy flavor.
One cup of kale contains:
- 36 calories
- 5 grams of fiber
- 5% of the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin B6
- 40% of magnesium, 180% of vitamin A, 200% of vitamin C, and 1,020% of vitamin K
- Good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus
- 2 cup kale (rinsed + de-stemmed)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (other non-dairy milks will work as well)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (we like Greek style or almond or coconut yogurt!)
- 1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein
- 1 tbs almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 frozen banana slices
- 4 ice-cubes
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Flax seeds (optional-to garnish)
- Throw all ingredients into the blender and blend away!
- Serve it in a cup, wine glass, mason jar!
- Sprinkle with flax seeds :)
Thank you Jane for contributing! twitter.com/Eyeitryit
This smoothie is a perfect on-the-go breakfast, lunch, pre-workout energy smoothie or a post workout recovery! Fit perfectly on the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan