On-the-go muffins! We LOVE Food Friday :)
These muffins are SO amazing we had to feature & share them!!!
They’re our friend Jane’s ‘On The Go Breakfast Muffins!’
Low-Fat Banana Oatmeal Chip Muffin
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup carob/cacao chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, make your chia egg by mixing 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp warm water. Mix and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients (including the chia egg). Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- In a well greased muffin pan (I used Pam cooking spray), spoon the mixture into each cup (the cups should be around 3/4 full).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
Visit Jane here… eyeitryit.com/on-the-go-breakfast-muffins
We’ve been filming the ‘Back to Work & School’ Workout Series… coming in September!!! Here’s a little behind the scenes video :)
Today we shot a ton of fitness videos for the Fall Fitness Challenge!! We had a lot of fun… stay tuned :)